August Wrap-Up and Some Small Updates

Happy Friday Everyone!

It has been quite a while since I have done a Wrap-Up, mostly because of being out of country and also I really wasn't reading much in past couple of months. That changes now! (well hopefully it sticks) I am doing a Wrap-Up!


In the month of August I was able to read a total of 8 books. Of those 8 books 6 were read during the EpicReads Reading Decathlon.

Those Books are as followed:


1. History is All You Left Me By: Adam Silvera  *5 out of 5 stars  

2. You Know Me So Well By: Nina LaCour and David Levithan *3 out of 5 stars

3. Strong Signal  By: Megan Erickson *4 out of 5 stars

4. Fast Connection By: Megan Erickson *3.75 out of 5 stars  

5. Girl In Pieces By: Kathleen Glasglow *4.75 out of 5 stars

6. A Second Harvest By: Eli Easton *3.75 out of 5 stars

this list might seem very familiar, well because I did do a Reading Decathlon Wrap-up about almost 2 weeks ago. The difference now is I can add two more books that I read this month (is it sad that I read 6 books in the course of 7 days and then the rest of the month only 2 more books were read...I find it sad)

The last two books that I read in the month of August were completed earlier this week and those are as followed:

7. Behind Closed Doors By: B.A. Paris *5 out 5 stars an amazing book!

8.  Stolen By: Lucy Christopher *3 out of 5 stars

I am going to be doing some different in my monthly wrap-up where I talk a little about my favorite and not so favorite book of the month.

Favorite: This is a difficult decision I read two amazing books this month, so I think I will have to say it is a Tie between:

 History is all you left me By: Adam Silver and Behind closed doors By: B.A. Paris

History all you left me stars a boy who just lost the love of his life and he struggle with the grief of losing his love and also confronting his ex-boyfriend's current boyfriend. This story takes you on a journey of anguish, grief, self-discovery and acceptance. This book is the second book of Adam Silver, With his first book being More Happy Than Not. Which was also an amazing book. Adam's books knows how to tear me down to almost no hope to finding solace in the end.

Behind closed doors stars a perfect couple who seems to have it all, but you question if looks can be deceiving. As the readers we began to learn through the jump and present to the past what lead up to Grace Angel being the assuming perfect wife and her lawyer husband Jack Angel. As their history is learn the facade begins to break down very quickly and as the reader, you learn to feel the desperation of how will Grace escape the grasp of her vicious husband. From the beginning this book got me so hooked. This is usually a book I grab, but while I was at BEA this past summer they handed out this book and the front cover had a sentence that got me intrigued... "The Perfect Marriage or The Perfect Lie? With that simple sentence I was hooked and upon reading the first couple of pages I was hooked even more.

Least Favorite: As for my least favorite book of the month was:

You know me so well by: Nina Lacour and David Levithan

This is book in my opinion a horrible book, but it just did not catch me and reel me in. We follow two teenagers who are at the end of their High School years who are struggle with what they want to do when they get out of school and also and mostly suffer through their love lives. What I found just in my opinion unrealistic was how quickly these two became friends. It was like one moment we see each other in the same place and then book instant best friends who later go to a party that contains so many famous people and later makes them famous at their school. How often does this happen in real life. The one thing I do want to touch on through I love the LGBT elements through out the books. The two main characters are gay, but what I loved about it the book was centered on the issue of them being gay. It was accepted it was seen as something so extraordinary. It was just everyday life.

Alright so that was the books that I read for the month of August. If you follow me on Instagram or has read my recent post I have a TBR for the month of September and I am hoping to get through all those wonderful books.

With that in mind I would love to share what I am currently reading:

Our Chemical Hearts By: Krystal Sutherland. So Far I am really enjoying this book. It was made me chuckle a few times and I very interested where this story is going to go.

I also wanted to do a quick recap on the read-a-thon I participated in last week. It is going to be quick recap, because I did not complete a single book on my TBR list. The first day of the read-a-thon I was hit with such a reading slump that during the week I only read 100 pages in those 7 days. It was very frustrating. I really wanted to complete the books on my TBR, but it just did not happen. Never fear though, because the slump is gone and I am reading consistently.

Alright Guys I think that is it for now. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend and I will be back on Monday with another post

Thanks For Reading

~Pants 

Comments

Popular Posts