Cramathon TBR

Hey Guys,

So I know it has been forever since I have posted. I really do not have an explanation to why as well as I will not make any promises on how I will be posting more often. I have done that in the past and I have not held myself to those promises. What I will do is post this TBR I have for a readathon that is occurring this month.

Now that my summer has begun and no more required reading, I can finally get to the books that I really have been wanting to read. Which what better way to start your summer than with a Readathon.

This Readathon is the Cramathon this is run by different people within Youtube, they are as follow:

Ali: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjG...
Jay: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...
Julia: https://www.youtube.com/user/JewlSapp...


There is also a Cramathon twitter account that you can follow for any updates or possible reading sprints (although I am not sure if they will doing any sprints at all)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CramAThon

So Cramathon will run from June 10th through June 17th. There are Seven Challenges for this readathon and they are as followed:

1. A 5-Star predicted book
2. A book that is out of your comfort zone
3. A book that has been on your TBR for a long time
4. A LGBTQ+ Ownvoices Book
5. Something that is not a standard novel
6. A book with your favorite color on the cover
7. Read 7 books

These challenges were exciting for me, because one, I have not done a readahton in quite a while and have structure challenges are actually fun for me rather than restricting as it is for some, and two because they are different than some challenges I have been in other readathons.

Now to the books that I will during the Cramathon week:

As you can see I am hoping to complete all 7 challenges and since I really am not doing much during the week I do believe this goal is possible to complete. 

The books that correspond to each challenges are: 

1. A 5 Star Predicted Book
     For this one I actually have two possible ones, I can either use Undead Girl Gang By Lily Anderson or The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. I have heard great things from people that have read each book, so it is safe to say I possibly will rate one these books high.

2. A Book out of your comfort zone
     The books that I decided to choose Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter, although I do read thriller books from time to time, I have heard that many people have found this book to be somewhat disturbing and honestly that enticed me to read it. I hope that this book will take me out of my usual comfort zone of contemporary reads with happy endings.

3. A book that has been on your TBR for a long time. 
    This challenge was the easiest challenge since I have so many books on my TBR that I have had in possession for quite some time. The book that I choose was Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Honestly, I have no excuse to why I have not picked up this series, I have heard good things about it, but yet it still sits on my shelf. I decided this was the time to finally pick it up and read it or if not, it has to go. 

4. A LGBTQ+ Ownvoices book
   I chose Let's Talk about Love by Claire Kann. I have heard that this book does touch an big topics, one being Asexuality. When I looked at the books that I have read in the past I found out that I have yet to read a book that has focus on this topic, which in result got me very interested in reading it. 

5. Something that is not a standard novel
   This challenge was also easy for me. I decided to read Orange by Ichigo Takano. I have started this manga in the past and really enjoyed it. I just never finished it.

6. A book with your favorite color
   Well my favorite color is Black so I had many books to choose for this challenge, but I decided to go with Don't Touch by: Rachel M. Wilson. This is another book that I have had on my TBR for quite some time.

7. Read 7 books
    This books will end up being whichever book I did not choose to be my 5-Star predicted book which like I listed earlier could be Undead Girl Gang by: Lily Anderson or The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang.

Well there you guys go. I will be updating my progress on Goodreads for you want to follow my progress throughout this Readathon Week my link is down below:

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30414248-gigit

I hope you all decided to participate as well. How else is a great way to kick off the summer than with a readathon, 


Thanks for Reading,

~Pants    



Comments

Popular Posts