BEA 2016 Experience and Book Haul!

Happy Saturday!

I am finally posting my BEA 2016 experience and Book haul

This was my second year at BEA and this year it was in Chicago, Illinois.

Day 1
The day started out pretty great. I woke up and my sister and I, who traveled with me on this trip found an amazing breakfast place near our hotel in Downtown Chicago. The place was called Wild Berry (I 100% recommend this place if you guys are ever in the area) I, then headed over to The McCormick Center!

I pick my badge and anxiously waited for the clock to strike one to head in the beauty of the masses of publishers offering books to read.
The clock strikes one and I am off I make a beeline to Harper Collins and see what arcs were being handed out and then head to Penguin Random House and then grab some awesome tote bags and beautiful arcs. For the first day I really did not have a game plan going in I was open into seeing what arcs were being offered but I really did not have an anticipated one I wanted to pick up so I calmly walked around and check out the publishers. at the end of this day I Picked up 10 books which I have to say is a lot less more than I picked up on day 1 of my first BEA

Day 2
My day started earlier than my day one, I woke up and headed straight to McCormick to wait for the hall to open at 9am. This day I knew exactly the books I want going to go after. The one and only book I was in search for was Adam Silvera's new book History Is All You Left Me. let me take you back a few weeks before BEA, I was on my twitter and I saw Adam's tweet he will be at BEA signing his new book and I was ecstatic. I loved More Happy than not and When I learned about his new book I went on amazon and per-ordered. When I decided to go to BEA this year I hope but did not expect for Adam's book to be given out at BEA. When I saw this tweet I went on the BEA website and searched for when and where will Adam be signing his book and my search came up empty. In result, I decided I will find out when I actually arrive here to Chicago and look to see if anyone else knows when and where will the signing be. At the end of Day 1 BEA I got my answer. Many of the booktuber I follow as well as Adam as well finally tweeted the booth number and the time of when he will signing his new book and I knew that my main focus for Day 2 is to get this book. What I found out when I was waiting in line for the Hall to open is that everyone else was hoping to get his book as well and I began to get nervous. I really did want to get that book, but everyone else wants it. I then made a game plan I will arrived an hour and half early for his signing to ensure if there is a line that I would be near the front of it.

So there I am an hour and half early and there is two other people waiting and I am like yes! We begin the unofficial line and I am was ecstatic, I am going to get my hands on this book. As the time passes the line begins to grow and grow and by 45 minutes before the signing the line begins to wrap around a booth! Another funny thing about this is that Adam tweets that he is worried that no one will show up to his signing because it was never advertised on the BEA website and boy was he wrong! When Adam shows up he is shocked and so happy to see so many of us waiting to get our books signed and I have to say he is the most lovely person I have ever met. I now have this book in my hand and I will begin to read it very soon! Because I decided to head over to Adam's signing an hour and half early I did miss out in a few arcs, but honestly I don't mind because I have one of most anticipated reads in my hands and all is good.

Day 3
My day started yet again very early and again I had a game plan and this day's game plan was to get Nicola Yoon's new book The Sun is Also A Star. The drop was at 9:30 and the hall opened at 9am. I also heared many people wanting this book so I knew I would have to speed walk to Penguin Random house to get in line and success I was 4th in line! Which I am very grateful for because the line was so long that they were not sure that they had enough books for everyone in line. The rest of my day I spent in the Autographing Area with my beautiful tickets to get some beautiful books and meet some awesome authors. As I walked to the exit with so many new and awesome books I smiled and thought I am happy to experience this and I cannot wait for next year!

The Verdict: I have to say I loved that BEA was in Chicago, I was able to enjoy a new city at the same time attend BEA. The only thing I was so-so about was that many of the publisher's booth were smaller than last year, which makes sense since many of them are from New York so it can be very costly to ship many things to Chicago. With that in mind I did enjoy this year because the floor was calmer and more relax than last year but that is not to say I did not love my first BEA in New York. I just enjoyed these two times differently but almost equally (come on who can compete with New York!!)

Book Haul

Well as you can see I did get so many new books and I have to say I am very excited for all of them. This year I decided I was going to reach out of my Young Adult comfort zone and find new and different type of books to read and I found some that honestly sound amazing so I cannot wait to dive into them. I will later be doing a more in depth book haul where I will highlight my most anticipated reads from my BEA haul so keep the look out for that.

Alright guys that is it for now and I hope you enjoy reading my experience at BEA

Thanks for Reading

~Pants



Comments

Popular Posts