Rainbow-A-Thon Wrap Up

Hey Guys,

The Rainbow read-a-thon finished just this past Sunday, So I thought I will wrap up what I read.

I was able to complete two books for this read-a-thon. Although that is less than my intended goal, I am content with the books I did read.

The first book that I completed was Orbiting Jupiter By: Gary D. Schmidt. I obtained this book at Book Expo America last year as an Arc and I have to admit that this book left me in tears. I will not get to much into this since I will be doing a review for this book, but this book contained so much emotions and situations that I did not know I was going to encounter and I also believe that this is a book that should be read by all. It is considered a young adult book for the ages of 12 and up but I am 27 years old and I can say that this book affected me more than books I have read in the fiction genre.  I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, Which I still am debating to moving up to a 5 star rating.

The second and last book I read for this read-a-thon was More Happy Than Not By Adam Silvera. Holy smokes guys, why did I wait so long to pick this up?! This made me want to read more and I wanted the learn more about the Aaron and continue to follow him through his journey. This is a different type of read for me, (I usually just read contemporary but I have been wanting to broaden my reading horizon and this book did it.). This is a coming a age story with a twist of fantasy thrown in it. It also touches on exploring sexuality and family dynamics which I love to read in books. I will also be doing a review for this book which I will go more into detail on my thoughts. I gave this book 4.5 stars. Also to not this is Adam Silvera's first novel and I will prematurely say he might be an auto-buy author for me.

Although I did not finish all the books I wish to have read, I am happy with the two books I did finish. This has also lit a fire under me to continue reading and get out of my reading slump. I also read that there is another read-a-thon occurring later this month which I am hoping to participate in.

That is it for now I am hoping to post my required read for school on Thursday so keep a look out for that.

Thanks for Reading

~Pants 

Comments

Popular Posts