2016 Reading Challenge and More...

Hey Guys,

First I just want to say Happy New Years and I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

A New Year Means a New Reading Goal! If you follow me on Goodreads you would know that my 2015 Reading Challenge was to read 50 books and I was able to achieve that challenge by reading 51 books. I have decided to raise that challenge to 75 books which I have set myself so reading resolutions which I believe would help me on the path of reading my huge pile of unread books (I believe it is over 100 books in that pile...) I have set myself some goals to achieve this year:

1. Do Not Buy Any Books until TBR is under 20 books (Unless it has been already Pre-Order or Gifted)

2. Read at least 75 books this year

3. Read more regularly and Blog more regularly

4. Participate in more Read-A-Thon when possible


I hope that this list will be completed this year. I am also participating in a few Goodreads Groups:

1. Around The Year in 52 Books

2. The OwlCrate Book Club 

3. Readalongs With April

I will not always participate in all three of them each month, It will depend if I have the book selected since I do not want to buy any more books.

As For What I am reading for January, I do not have the whole month planned out since there are two read-a-thons I would like to participate in.

The First Read-A-Thon I will be participating in is TBR Takedown 3.0 Created
By: leaninglights. The Link to the announcement Video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muiyxb8eZzU

There are 7 Challenge in This Read-A-Thon and they are as followed:

1. Book from your most recent book haul.
2. Book on your TBR Shelf over a year (or longest).
3. Book outside your comfort zone! (Genre, content, etc).
4. First book in a series
5. Complete a series/Read a sequel in a series
6. Read a FIRE color book (Fire colors such as shades of red, pink, purple, lilac, burgundy.)
7. Read a non-novel item: poem, verse, novella, short story, etc.

Above you Can see the books that I will be reading to complete these challenges.

1. Twisted By: Laurie Halse Andersen is a book from my most recent book haul

2. The Longest Ride By: Nicholas Sparks has been on my shelve for quite a while, I actually started it earlier last year but put it down and I really do not remember what happen so I am starting from the beginning

3. The Girl on the Train By: Paula Hawkins is considered a book outside of my comfort zone since I really do not read Physiological thrillers but I have actually been interested in reading this book since I heard it has been recommended for people who have read Gone Girl.

4. After By: Anna Todd will be my First Book in a series, and Also I am intrigued with all the controversy around this book so I would love to see what it is about.

5. The Rosie Effect By: Graeme Simsion is my Complete a series or read a Sequel  This book is also this weeks Around the Year in 52 books as challenge #4 Read a book from a Author you discovered in 2015, Which was when I read The Rosie Project.

6. I am going double up on Twisted as my Fire Color book since it does have Red on the cover

7. And Finally, Tilt By: Ellen Hopkins for Read a non-novel Challenge.



I decided for this Read-A-Thon I will just do a mid-week update and at the end I will update on how I do but for daily update I will be on my twitter, since I am hoping to participate on Twitter when I can. My Twitter is @pantsbookblog

So, this is all what I am planning to do for Janurary up to the 10th.... I hope this turns out awesome which I feel it would! 

Thanks for Reading,


~Pants 

Comments

Popular Posts