Reckless Love By Kendall Ryan Book Review!

Hey Guys,

So I have been sick for the past week (which by sick I mean fever, cough and bad congestion) which is why I have yet to post anything recently but here I am with a book review!

If you follow me on Goodreads you can see that I have completed Reckless Love by Kendall Ryan.

As I always Post, this review may contain Spoilers if you have yet to read this book and you do not want to be spoiled by this review stop here and come back after reading the book if you would like or if you have already read the book or do not care about the spoilers than continue on!

This is book two of the Hard To Love Series (?) Which let me give you a little background how I came upon this author. While investigating the Austin Book Fest I was attending I began to look up some of the authors that were going that I did not know and I came upon Kendall Ryan and saw her book Hard to Love I picked it up and fell in love with the characters. So I of course picked up my own copy to get signed and saw that she would have her second book of the series available for purchase a week early than is it suppose to be released (the book fest was on March 7th and Reckless love was not to be released until March 17th) so I was excited I pre-ordered a copy to ensure I will get my hands on one.

I met Kendall Ryan and I would have to say she is a wonderful person, she was very friendly and I talked to her a bit about her book. I began to read her book the day after the book fest because I wanted to see where this book which contain Cade and Alexa (main characters of the first book) friends and I would love to dive back into that world.

The Book Followed Ian and MacKenzie, Ian a cage fighter looking for his big break and MacKenzie a girl that is scared of getting close to someone and these two lost souls end up finding each other but not without a bumpy road ahead of them.

Honestly I want to feel a connection with these two characters and I did with Ian but with MacKenzie it just was not there. I love learning how Ian worked hard to get where he is and he does not let anything get in the way of achieving his goal. I just felt that MacKenzie was always holding something back from the first time where Ian stopped himself from being with her because of his training, MacKenzie always felt that she was not worthy which I understand because of her background she feels this fear of getting close to people also she was mad at Ian for rejecting her but during the whole book she had moments that she could really connect with him but she did not take those chance to be honest with him and it was just very frustrating.

I also had a problem how she ended up dating someone else even though she wanted nothing to do with him, yes the guy ended up being a jerk but still why put yourself in that situation, I guess my problem is I felt to sympathy for her or the situation she put herself in. I do love that they ended up together in the end.

I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars because I just felt no connection with MacKenzie as well as I felt there could have been more to their relationship than just physical attraction maybe a emotional connection or something I just feel that their feelings might fizzle out in a few years.

Alright Guys, that is it for now. I should be posting another book review soon so just keep a look out.

Thanks for Reading,

~Pants 

Comments

Popular Posts