Austin Book Fest March 7th,2015 Review

Hey Guys,

So If you follow my Instagram you saw that last Saturday I went to Austin Book Fest that was hosted by Vilma Book Blog.
As you can see there are a lot of amazing authors that went and I was so happy to meet so many of the authors of some of my favorite books. Let me begin the tale of that awesome Saturday...

I woke up at 6:15 am and got ready for the 2:30 hour drive to Austin, Texas. My sisters and Mom (who decided to accompany to the event) got ready as well and by 7:30 we were on the road to Austin Texas.

When We arrived to Austin we drove to Kerby Lane Cafe (which I absolutely 100% recommend anyone to go, amazing food!) for some breakfast and then Headed to Hyatt Regency Austin. As well parked as walked inside the hotel I began to wonder how would I find the Texas Ballroom (the room that the signing will be located) and once I got off the elevator I knew it would not be a problem since I descended to the long line that waited to enter the very same signing that I was waiting to enter.

I line wrapped around the hallway in front of the Texas Ballroom, ( I would have to say it was pretty confusing and really did not make that much sense how the line was lined up but hey no big deal) As the clock hit 12 the book signing registration open! Slowly I began to reach the front of the line which I achieved to enter the Ballroom at 12:45 (yes it did take 45 minutes to get into the venue) 

As I entered the Venue I was overwhelmed by the amount of people in the room! I have to say that this was my first ever book signing that I have ever attended so I was not sure what to expect but honestly I expected that there would be so many people but not at the massive amount that there were. (Actually I did overhear of the volunteers that there were estimated 1,300 that bought tickets to this signing!)

Before I arrived to the signing I did have a game plan set, My main purpose to this signing I wanted to Meet and get my book signed by Colleen Hoover. She is one of my favorite author who also introduce to me to the new adult genre and I just love her writing. My game plan was simple I was first to get in her line and get my two books signed and then I would go to the other authors that I had books that I wanted to get signed as well as pick up some books I pre-ordered before the event. Well, let just say my plan was overthrown. As I entered the Ballroom I saw that Colleen Hoover line was already out the door! I really wanted to get her signature but I was worried if I stayed in her line I would not have time to the get the other authors signature so I made the decision to get my other books signed before heading to her line at the end if possible.




As you see in the two pictures above I did a lot of books signed! I love meeting so many authors of the books I have read. It was an amazing experience from talking to Aleatha Romig about her Consequences series and her new book, Insidious that is a stand alone (which is not a romance!) to Amy Harmon telling me she loved my name (that was a big highlight!) and to my favorite meeting of Jay Crownover, she is funny and energetic and I loved talking to her.

I was also able to pick up Kendall Ryan new book Reckless Love which will come out this Tuesday March 17th! (which I already read and will be posting my review very soon!) I also picked up making faces by Amy Harmon because I heard so many good things about this book so I took advantage of picking up the book as well as getting it signed.

Out of all the books I brought there were only three authors I was not able to get signature from and they were Molly McAdams, Jennifer L. Armentrout and Colleen Hoover. Yes, the main author that I wanted to meet I was not able to get a signature!! I am not discourage because I saw on her tour schedule that she will coming to my hometown later this year! so I will be getting her signature then!

Overall for my first ever book signing I will have to say that it was a fun and amazing experience, a little tiring but I would not trade it in for anything. There are only I few things that I would change or I have an opinion about was the amount of books that people bought. Do not get me wrong I love reading I love supporting these authors because I love seeing people that love to read and enjoy it so much but when people being the author whole collections of books ever written (which most of these authors have more than 8 books written) it can take up a lot of time for these authors to sign all of them as well as the people waiting behind them mostly when there is just a short amount of time in the book signing (mostly if you just bought tickets to the first or second time slot which is just two hours and there are so many authors you want to get to)

After leaving the book signing we decided to treat my mom (who has never been to Austin before) to the best BBQ that we have had which is Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX which I completely recommend anyone to go to. After a long wait and delicious food we were on the road again heading back home after a fun book signing and having a great day with my mom and my sisters.

The Authors that I got signatures from were:

1. Tammara Webber
2. Laura Kaye
3. Amy Harmon
4. Kendall Ryan
5. Aleatha Romig
6. Amy Bartol
7. Kristen Prosby
8. Rebecca Shay
9. Jay Crownover

Alright Guy so I hope you love reading about my fun book signing experience.

Thanks for Reading,

~Pants

Comments

Popular Posts