Ugly Love By Colleen Hoover Book Review!



Hey Guys,

So I am trying to catch up on my book reviews so I decided to write the review for the best book I read this year so far ( hey it is only February but for now it is).

As I have said before if you yet to read this book I would not read this review because it will contain some spoilers unless you do not mind then continue on.

I have to say I love Colleen Hoover. She is an amazing writer, she knows how to take the gut punch into your emotions. I have read all of her books ( with the exception to Never Never since it is on my TBR book shelf but yet to get to it) and every time I think she cannot top this book but boy am I wrong!

Let's begin with the title Ugly Love. When I would look at this book I questioned how is love ugly? Love is a beautiful thing that we blessed to experience and have in our lives so I was like what is Colleen trying to say?

The story begins with Tate a nursing student who is moving in with her brother and meeting a handsome but damaged neighbor Miles Archer. As Tate and Miles began to learn about each other they begin a shaky but intense physical relationship that carried no emotions but in reality they are both in denial on that part.

As I read this book which I could not put down, I loved  reading the chemistry that Tate and Miles had. We Learn That Tate has a beautiful but heart breaking past that includes Rachel his Girlfriend/ Stepsister and how one horrible day changed them completely. As I read this portion I feared what could have turned Miles into someone that did not want attachment and just like Colleen Hoover does she breaks my heart when realizing he loses his son.

As I said before I never believed that Love could be ugly but Colleen showed me that it could be. The Love that Miles and Tate begin to feel for each other is raw and exposed to pain, suffering and denial. The bond that they both want to clearly deny is found on every page that I myself felt through every sentence. It is funny how much I loved Tate and Miles together I also cheered for Miles and Rachel. Rachel was a representation how easy love can be and how consuming it can be for you.

Rachel was Miles past which in beginning was beautiful but difficult when it began to include both of their parents as well as the death of their son. Tate brought him the realization that he needed to deal with his past and the closure he never received from Rachel as well as his son. Reading how his son, Clayton dies was difficult to read to see a young man just barely starting out in adult hood dealing with the lost of a child who spent little time in this world and in result losing the women he loved can break anyone and it broke Miles for so many years until Tate flew into his life.

Tate was Miles future, a future he believed he did not deserve but in fact it was a future Miles needed. Miles was a machine just a man going through the motion believing he did not deserve happiness in his life anymore. Tate showed him that he was wrong about that. He was shown he could have a second chance in life that included love as well as fatherhood. Even though Miles pushed and pushed Tate away his heart no matter how dead he believed his heart was knew that it could repair itself and love this amazing women who loved me as well.

After reading this I saw how love could be Ugly but I also saw how Ugly Love was the best kind of love. It was a love that could knock you down and build you right back up to a stronger person.

I gave this book a 5 out of 5 Stars (just because I could not give it more)

That is it for now guys I will keep you posted with more reviews in the future,

Thanks for Reading,

~Pants









Comments

Popular Posts