September Wrap-Up

Hey Guys!

Yeah I know it has been a while since I have posted. I am back home and back into the routine of things. The past couple of weeks I was traveling so I really did not have a chance to write at all. I was hoping to I even brought my laptop but it just did not work out, But I am back! I am here to do my September Wrap-Up (yes I know it is October 15th almost a month has past but hey here is my wrap-up)

The Books That I read for September are the following:

1. Kissing under the Mistletoe By: Bella Andre
2. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd By: Agatha Christie
3 Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
4. Reboot By: Amy Tintera
5. Rebel By: Amy Tintera
6. Gone Girl By: Gillian Flynn

So I know I have explained before but I will say again, On a Wrap Up I will give a mini review on each book I read and How I ended up rating the books.

1. Kissing under the Mistletoe By: Bella Andre. I have read Bella Andre's books for a while now I actually have read her Sullivan Series which are the children of Mary and Jack Sullivan (Mary and Jack are the Main Characters of Kissing under the Mistletoe) This was a fun read that answered many questions I had about the Sullivan Clan, this also many me excited for Christmas I love themed books, although I have not read that many themed books it has influence me to read more themed books. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars, a beautiful book and a beautiful story.

2. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd By: Agatha Christie. This book was recommended by my mom. I really have not read many mystery novels, but is all my mom reads. I asked her to recommend me a book from her favorite author (which is Agatha Christie) and she recommended me this book and I have to say this was a great introduction into the Mystery Genre. I was not able to guess who the killer was, it left me surprised and also left me wanting to read more mystery novels. Agatha Christie's Books are so detailed and well written that as I read I can picture the scenery she has written. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

3. Maybe Someday By: Colleen Hoover, Alright I am going to have to say this was my favorite book I read in the month of September! I have read 5 Colleen Hoover books before reading Maybe Someday and I have to say I love Colleen Hoover. Her style of writing helps me immerse myself into the story, characters and all the feelings that going on in the book. I loved the two main characters and I love the raw pain, love and fear that you felt between the two, they were actually made for each other. I loved this book and I recommend this to anyone. This could also be a good introduction to Colleen Hoover if you have yet to read her books. I have this book a 5 out of 5 stars (would have given it more if I could!)

4. Reboot By: Amy Tintera, I learned about this book through the booktube world. I have not read my Dystopian novels (outside of George Orwell) before and I was intrigued by the synopsis of this book. I loved that the book was based in Texas (since I live in Texas) and also I love the little romance they put into the novel. It was an interesting read into a alternative way of our world. I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars (since I was hoping for more back story from the main character)

5. Rebel By: Amy Tintera, this was the sequel to Reboot which continued the story of Wren and Callum. We begin to learn more about the world that they live in as well as the revolution that has conspired in result of what happen in the first book.  I gave this book a 5 out of 5 Stars because I loved the closure that this book gave to the duology and also I felt like most questions were answered.

6. Gone Girl By: Gillian Flynn. This was the last book I read for the month of September and I have to say this book is the one that screwed my mind up the most. If you want to hear more about this book I posted a long Gone Girl review on here about a month ago now, I believe. This books had to many twist and turns and it was haunting, raw and explosive in its ways. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars (which you can see my reasons why on my Gone Girl Review.) I also Watched the movie recently and I have to say I really did not like the movie as much as I liked the book I felt that small details that help explain the reason why the characters are the way they are were taken out and left you to interpret thing differently.


Alright Guys that is my September Wrap-Up and I hoped you like it and you should see more posts in the coming days.


Thanks for reading,

~Pants.

Comments

Popular Posts