WallBanger By: Alice Clayton Book Review

Hey Guys, 

So I finally getting to my book reviews that I should have done a long time ago! Here we Go!

 
 So I have come across this book a few times, It has been recommended to me on Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes and Nobles but I had yet to pick it up. It was not until I heard about Vilma's Austin Book Fest I decided I will give this a try, I was trying to find new authors and upon seeing that Alice Clayton will be at the book signing I finally gave in to the countless recommendations I received and picked up this book. I would have to say I am happy that I finally picked this up.

The Story follows Caroline moving into her new apartment with her quirky cat (which I would have to say the cat was the best character!) We also learn that Caroline has not had the best results in relationships as she lost her "O" and sadly she moves next to the man that gives many "O" to different women.

Night after Night a trio of women coming to meet Simon and have their world turn upside down as Caroline deal with the craziness of the cat and the loneliness of having no "O"s for herself. When Caroline finally meets Simon, she begins to learn more about him that she actually truly likes.

As the book progress we began to see how Simon and Caroline dance around each other when they are perfect for each other!

My Verdict: This is an hilarious book, I actually laughed out aloud so many times when I was reading this book that people around me wondered what the heck was wrong with me.

What I love about this story is how truly realistic this can be. There is no magic, witch craft or anything like that which is not a bad thing but it is a real light hearted comedy that makes you smile with Caroline's neurotic moments to her crazy cat that made me wish this cat actually existed.

I love the natural progress of Caroline and Simon's relationship, there was no insta-love or automatically knowing that this the person that you want to spend the rest of you life with. There was growth, adjustments and understanding from both their side that blossom into a friendship and later a relationship. The big plus was that Simon help Caroline find her "O" again!

I cannot wait to continue this series, although it would have to wait since I have too many books on my TBR Shelf. I am excited to see where their relationship will head to as well as learn more about their friends and how they ended finally with their significant others.


Also note that I did not have a chance to meet Alice Clayton since she sadly had to cancel her appearance at Austin Book Fest, but I am thankful that I finally picked this book up and I will keep in mind that some of these book recommendation will help me my next best read. 

That is all for now, Thanks for Reading,

~Pants

Comments

Popular Posts