BEA Day 1!!!

Hey Guys,

So I am sitting in my hotel room typing out this wrap-up of my first day of BEA. As I sit here I look at all the beautiful new books that I obtain today! So let me start from the beginning.


I arrived to the Javis Center really early in the morning to pick up my badge and anxiously await for the beginning of the Blogger Conference. As I walk in the the Keynote Room I take a sit and take in all the people in here. All these people here including myself have a common ground. We love to write about books, or love to talk about authors or work with authors or work in the book industry but here I felt that I belong with many others.



I met a few different blogger from a 18 year old that reviews YA and has interviewed Marissa Meyers!! to a Older Lady who has been blogging for about 8 years and review fantasy middle school novels. Although race,age,sex, type of genre or amount of years blogging we all have the same common ground of we love to talk about books. 



As our Keynote gets underway we meet four successful blogger that their blog has taken them to other levels from writing their own books to being affiliated with organizations and groups and getting their articles published. 

the following people we on the Keynote Panel:

Moderator: Thea James from the Book Smugglers 

1. Patty Chang 

2. Ron Hogan

3. Kameron Hurley (amazing speak and very hilarious!)

The topics that this panel covered were very helpful and interesting. they covered the topics of how often do you blog to what is and is not appropriate interaction with authors. They were also asked what is their opinion of how blogging is evolving if they do they see it evolving. 

I loved how honest and that they used their experiences to answer these questions. Pretty much the message you get from this Keynote is that no blog is the same, no one wants cookie cutter blogs. Your blog is you, so of course it contains your opinion and feelings to books that you have read. There is no rules when it comes to blogging to you do not have to post multiple times a week or days, you post as you feel and never feel obligated on what you write about if you are contacted to review a book. This was very insightful and a great way to start the day. 



The Second Panel that I attended had a topic of Creative Content Opportunities with your blog. It showed how to branch out from your blog. For Example the three people we had for this Panel each had a different method that they branched out. One created a podcast, another started a book club that now is in many different states and countries and lastly Kat from Katytastic from youtube! (I follow her, she is awesome check her out) This panel showed how your blog can evolve and take you to other endeavors and how to put yourself out there and how much fun you can with it.

After this panel I decided to take a break since the other panel I really could not relate to as well as I wanted to be able to eat lunch before the exhibit opened for the day. 


 There I was in line counting down the minutes to 1pm waiting and imagining how awesome this experience is going to be. so there it is 1 pm and the open the exhibit! I go directly to the Harper Collins Booth where they were giving out ARC's of The Rest of us Live Here by Patrick Ness! I did not think I would get a chance to get this book. So as I walk up there they ask for you to take a magnet and show it to them well I did that and I apparently won a Ticketmaster Gift Card! I was so excited all I wanted was the book and I got so much more! So then I began to walk around and found so many beautiful books that I will do a haul after BEA in my BEA Wrap-Up

It is so many things going on at different places at different times there were book galley dropping and there would be lines and there would be no lines it just depended on the moment. What I learn is that I love this I love attending something that is dedicated to books and promoting books to the world, you can never have too many books or read too many books. I love that Book Expo America is this big, it gives me hope that reading is not dead. My Highlight of the day was Meeting Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Mr. Bill Klein as they are seen on the TLC Channel on The Little Couple. There were both so wonderful and I was so happy to get a chance to meet them.

I ended my day tired but happy and with so many new books to add to my TBR shelf. I will be posting my day two later today (I have a few exciting books I am hoping to pick up tomorrow if everything works correctly)

Thanks for reading you guys, it makes me happy knowing I have this blog to geek out about books and book expo and I love that I can share all this with you guys.


~Pants

Comments

Popular Posts