Strand Book Store Trip!!!!!

Hey Guys,

So it has been about almost two weeks since my quick trip to New York City, but I did want to write my exciting experience at Strand Bookstore! So let me set the scene. I was in Philadelphia about two weeks ago for WWE Royal Rumble (yes I do watch some wrestling but mostly it is my sisters, brother and my best friend who are really into it.) So there we are (my sister, Denise and my best friend Naim,) In Philadelphia on a Saturday thinking what we are going to do and Naim came with a great idea of going to New York for the day and of course I jumped for it, I have never been to New York and I really wanted to go so we decided might as well since its a little less than 2 hours away.

So We board the Amtrak Train and I anxiously await to see the light of the big city. As we arrive in New York City I actually do not get to see the city for about 20 minutes after the fact of arriving because of the Subway we took to get to where were trying to get to. So I got ahead of myself when arriving In New York we thought about What we want to see in the short amount of time that we were going to be there. Of course My First Choice was Strand Bookstore, (Hey awesome bookstore that it is on the list of bookstores to visit before you die or something like I am going to go!) So Denise and Naim take me onto the wonders of the NYC subway stations and we walk up the steps of the subway and My first view is these big,tall beautiful buildings I walk around and try absorb everything I want to devour every sign, building and atmosphere We stop and bought some New York Pretzels which were of course were delicious.

So We have our pretzels and we are walking and then as we walk down one road I see it. I coveted sign that said Strand Bookstore. I walk to walk faster but hey I do not want to look like the weirdo running into a bookstore (yeah that is too weird). So As I enter Strand I say to myself now this is a freaking awesome book store 4 floors of books!!!! I walk as take a look at all the tables that have that contain perfectly arranged books that catch my attention and I want to buy them! As I walk I was thinking I was going to buy any books (but hey a book lover in an amazing bookstore what do you think will happen?) I began to explore the awesome bookstore I see not only books but awesome bookish things. For example, amazing tote bags which was difficult for me to pick which one I wanted, awesome socks, magnets, pin, t-shirts which they have an awesome collection and of course books.


 As you can see in my picture I did go overboard on the purchasing of things but hey Strand Bookstore!!! come on! So I will list the following things I purchased:

1. Why Real books are Great T-Shirt
2. Banned Books Socks (which really I love so much probably the most awesome thing I bought)
3. Strand Subway Route reusable bag
4. A Strand Magnet (this is one I got for my mom)
5. A Strand Logo Bookmark 
6. A bookmark that show the subway station to arrive to Strand Bookstore
7. A Strand bookstore image tote bag
8. A Strand Pencil-ish Bag? (still not sure how I will use this)
Alright now to the books:
9. Unnatural Creatures (short stories) By Neil Gaiman (this is acutely my first Neil Gaiman book so lets see how this goes)
10. The Ask and The Answer By Patrick Ness
11. The Evolution of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodkins
12. Animal Farm By George Orwell
13. Just One Day By Gayle Forman
14. All The Bright Places Jennifer Niven
15. One The Books: A Graphic Tale of Working Woes at NYC”s Strand Bookstore By: Greg Farrrell (I saw this book and thought it was pretty cool so I picked it up)

So As You can see I did a lot of things but hey when in a bookstore buy books! After spending way too much time at Strand we trek out into the city and our next stop was the Empire State Building which was a beautiful way to see the whole city, The beautiful lights glowing in the darkness it was awesome but it also was very cold!! I loved the view but I rather not feel my face freeze. As we walked through the city heading to Time Square I could not believe a city like this existed It was suck a beautiful city, the hustle and bustle of people going places, from teenagers walking to certain place or party ( I do not really know where they were going but that is what I imagine they were doing) To Men and Women in their best dress heading to Broadway. What I thought as I people watch was you can never be bored in this city, there is always something to do! As We arrive to Time Square and Boy is it bright and awesome! Yes it is a commercialized part or whatever but it is also awesome. I loved the bright lights and the over all atmosphere. The city Itself is so awesome there was not enough time to see everything and it before I left I knew I needed to come back. Also before our time in NYC ran out We decided to get a bite to eat and we got but of course Pizza but it was not just any pizza it was NYC pizza and I have to tell that was the best pizza I ever ate. As We walked back to Penn Station I just thought that I that I am in love with this city and I wish we had more time.

So That is my Trip to NYC and Strand Bookstore I hope it was enjoyable and I will posting soon some reviews which I will keep y’all posted through twitter and Instagram.

Thanks for Reading,

~Pants

Comments

Popular Posts