BEA Day 3 & BEA Wrap-up

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14046281/?claim=et7qmgggryt">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hey Guys,

So I am finally back home, well actually I got back home yesterday but pretty much we landed got home ate then I had to get ready for my niece’s 5th grade graduation (which it is crazy to think she is going to middle school already).

Alright so this is pretty much my day and overall wrap-up post of BEA!

So Day 3….

I woke up early (5am) to get ready and head over to the Javits Center to line-up and prepare where I was going to go. The night before I pretty much had game plan of what I was going to do I had to leaks or in decisions of what is the plan but I wanted to make sure that from the magazine they release each day in the morning there was not something I missed. well there was not so my plan stayed the same.

I felt like a pro by day 3 (sad, I know) I had my map and my schedule, so I was prepared. I knew that my last day was going to be different then the other two days prior. I was pretty much going to spend the whole day at the autographing area of BEA instead of at the galleys.

So at 9 they open the hall, and we are off! I decided a walk around the galleys since the first autographing session I was attending was not until 10:30. Around 9:20 I decided to walk to the Autographing area which was a good idea since the line for Abbi Glines started around 9:40 and the line was three deep!

10:30- Abbi Glines
I was lucky number 4 in this line and I have to say I was happy how organized these volunteers had the area, they created lines when needed and made sure there were no cutters in the line (which honestly why would you do that, people wait in line for this why be that person?

Abbi Glines was a wonderful person to meet, I was very excited to meet her. I read her Seabreeze series and I am very excited for this new book of hers. 



1:00-1:30- Colleen Hoover

So, I have a confession I do own Confess and I have read this and fell in love with this but let me give you a back story to this book. I was browsing Facebook in February and I saw that there was going to be a book signing in Austin that a few authors that I read were going to be there but most importantly Colleen Hoover was going to be there! So March 7th I head to Austin, Texas with my books and mom and sisters and I got so many books signed as well as picked up some new books. The only dent in my day was that I was unable to meet Colleen Hoover. Her line was so long that she had to stay a couple hours afterwards to get to everyone that stood in line, and I was unable to stay that long.

After this day I told myself if I ever get a chance to meet her again I will, and I did. I was second in line to meet her and I am happy to say I finally did and she is such a sweet person!  

1:30-2:30- Ellen Hopkins

Ellen Hopkins was first introduced to me by my younger sister, she had read a few of her books and she got me interested in reading some of her books so I also own tricks which is book one of the sequel of Traffick (which she was signing that day) So I was very happy that I was able to pick up the next installment of tricks.  

2:30- 3:00 Aaron Hartzler

Alright so when I was waiting for 9 am to roll around I was reading the magazine they give out in the beginning of the day and the cover for "what we saw" and after I looked up the synopsis on Goodreads I decided to pick this book up and I was lucky enough to do so.  

3:00-3:30- KA Tucker

Alright so the end of the day and My last book to pick up and after getting my book from Aaron Hartzler I walked back to line up for KA Tucker which already had a line but luckily it was not that long yet. I quickly made it up to the front and got this beautiful book signed and all.

After the last signing I decided to head to see if there was anything worth picking up, most drops or autograph lines for the 4:00 were line up and very long and there really was not anything I really wanted out of those so I decided to call it a day and head out to meet my sisters.



BEA Wrap-UP

Oh man, BEA is the best thing out there I have to say. This was a great and fun experience that I was able to do. This Book Convention opened up my eyes to the world of publishing and book lovers alike. I love the chance to meet people that love to read and love books as much as you do.

I was able to meet so many different type of people like, bloggers who just focus on middle school books, bloggers younger than me but live in my hometown!, bloggers that are older than me and starting just like I am, Bloggers turn editor's assistants and to librarians and bookstore owners. We all came together for these three days for something so much fun and magical that I cannot wait for next year to experience it all over again.

I was able to pick up so many books that I will have many books to read over the course of this year (like I did not have so many already but these are books that yet to come out which is a lot of fun.)

I will be later posting monthly releases post of the books I received as well as my reviews for these books.

I would have to say also I love that BEA was organized in their galley drops as well as their autographing area. I was lucky enough that I did not have any issues in any lines or anyone that did not understand the method to all this beautiful madness.

If I would rate BEA I would have to say 10 our of 10. It was a eye opening experience that told me I want to continue to blogging and also later focus on my career around the book industry in one way or another. I realized while I was BEA that this is where I should be and this is what I should be doing and I will work hard to continue to do this. 

Alright Guys, that is it for now I hope you enjoying following me during my time at BEA and please follow me on twitter and instagram to see how much reading is doing as well.

Thanks For Reading,

~Pants

Comments

  1. Loved this blog post. Can I ask, what Colleen Hoover has written above her name? Just been trying to work it out. Thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the comment! Colleen Wrote Omg! I know it looks really weird haha. she was such a sweet person to meet. Thanks for the read!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for responding. That makes so much sense now...I was really struggling to read it but now you've said that, I can't unsee it. I'm so jealous you met her. I would love to meet her one day. She seems like such an amazing lady! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts